June is National Homeownership Month, a time for American families to celebrate, share stories, and create memories for years to come. While the “American Dream” of owning a home can be a long process, families and communities are reconsidering what they want in a home due to current circumstances. As the pandemic factors in concerning the changing priorities, so do the types of homes people are looking for. More people are looking for extra space inside and outside of their homes where they can enjoyably spend more time within the confines of their property. The need for more space paves the way for working from home, e-learning, and just spending time with family.
Surveys show that real estate is ranked as one of the best investments you can make. Among reasons to celebrate, here are 5-Benefits every American homeowner should enjoy this National Homeownership Month:
1. Pride Of Ownership
- Nothing could be more enjoyable than living in a space that is uniquely yours. You can customize your home to your tastes.
2. Stronger Connection
- Homeowners have a stronger connection to their neighborhoods and are more likely to contribute to their community.
3. Comfort And Safety
- Owning a home gives you comfort, protection, and privacy. These things have become even more valuable during the recent health crisis.
4. Effective Inflation Hedge
- A property is often a good hedge against inflation. As inflation rises, so do property values. So it is a key advantage.
5. Highly Illiquid Asset
- An owned home is a tangible asset. However, while it has significant value, homeowners cannot quickly and easily sell the property without substantial depreciation.
6. High Transaction Costs
- When buying a home, the transaction costs are considerably higher. However, talking about investing in your future, the longer you’re in the house, the higher your equity will be.
No home and homeowner are the same. Everyone’s journey to homeownership is unique. Realtors, home inspectors, assistance programs, and all other roles play a part in the home buying process and making your homeowner’s success story an incredible one.
To all homeowners, take time this June to celebrate the new era of homeownership and how it has added value to your life. The National Homeownership Month is also a great opportunity to help home buyers become more informed homeowners.
If you or someone you know is looking to buy or sell and needs a home inspection in San Antonio TX or the surrounding areas, please be sure to consider Rod Inspects. In addition, you can call at (210) 255-3134 or visit our website for more information or schedule your inspection services today.
Related video you might like:
At Rod Inspects, LLC, we provide expert home inspection services that will help you make an informed decision about the property you’re interested in purchasing. A home inspection is an in-depth examination of a home’s condition. It is important to have a home inspection prior to making an offer on a property. The home inspection report will provide information about the property’s condition, which will help you negotiate with the seller.
The cost of a home inspection is a small price to pay for peace of mind when making one of the biggest purchases of your life. Call (210) 255-3134 Today or Click To Schedule Online 24/7 Right From Our Website.