A visual inspection may not be enough. Our Infrared Thermal Inspection can identify and document moisture issues, loss of energy, or unexpected hot spots so that you will know about these issues during the inspection.
What is an Infrared Thermal Inspection?
Infrared (thermal imaging) inspection is an advanced, non-invasive technology involving the use of infrared cameras to show surface temperature differences. The use of IR cameras helps discover problems that wouldn’t usually be seen by the naked eye.
Here at Rod Inspects, LLC, we guarantee an accurate interpretation of results to meet your needs. We give actionable information to help you proceed with necessary repairs, should there be any.
The limitation of infrared inspection is that future problems cannot be predicted. Of course, just like any other, issues that are left unaddressed could lead to problems later on.
Rod and Derek consistently provide excellent service. Highly recommend the team at Rod Inspects for their thorough inspection services, attention to detail, promptness in generating reports, and highly professional interactions with home buyers. – Review of Rod Inspects By Rachael Inch
However, our Infrared Thermal Inspectios in San Antonio, TX can detect the following:
- heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, and windows
- damaged or malfunctioning heating systems
- leaks in air conditioning systems
- structural defects that can lead to energy loss
- broken seals in windows
- moisture intrusion such as:
- plumbing leaks
- roof leaks
- damaged or wet insulation
- water intrusion in foundations that can lead to structural damage and mold growth
- locate hot spots such as:
- circuit breakers needing immediate replacement
- overloaded circuits
- undersized circuits
- overheated electrical components
- faulty electrical wirings
- locate possible pest infestation revealed by energy loss through shelter tubes
- reveal the presence of pests such as mice and rats hiding behind structures
- flue leaks which can possibly lead to carbon monoxide poisoning
Depending on the established baseline IR readings, the results can require immediate repair or be an item that needs to constantly be checked. Either way, our Infrared Inspection is one of the essential services we offer to provide you with the best and most accurate information you need about the property you’re considering purchasing.
Give us a call at (210) 255 -3134 Or schedule your San Antonio, TX Infrared Inspection today!